Ektor and I visited Ikea this weekend to purchase our first bookcase. We are very proud!
Now knowing me, I cant resist a bargain. This bookcase was on sale for only $40! While we might be the only people in Ikea to have ever purchased it (we admit, its a little ugly) it grew on us more and more since I think it looks "buddhist" and ektor thinks it looks "trendy". That and others of it's size were around $100.
As you can see, I really like it:
Getting it into a small Ford Focus is rather difficult. Dont worry, I didnt actually drive like this. But Ektor would have had to have his seat pulled up this far (too bad he wont let me post that pic but lets just say his knees were on the dashboard) had he not decided to sit in the backseat with his head touching the roof. At least people driving by must have thought he was really tall.
Our cheesy picture but we are proud of our first piece of furniture that we bought together. We are looking forward to decorating our apartment when we get it but until then, this bookcase will reside in my place to shelf Ektors books as he slowly starts moving them here. Exciting times!
4 years ago
3 comments:
I think the bookshelf is cute! The best thing is that you now have the space to put allll those books that you two brainiacs accumulate!
I had a good mental picture of the drive home, by the way!
P.S. You're quite a fashion statement in these pics :-)
Love, Mom
P.S. I love to see the sunflowers in your apartment (on the counter)
I think that the bookshelf is really cutie!
Post a Comment