My valentine was in sunny 79F California this weekend, and who said that studying together all day wouldnt be fun? Ektor has his proposal exam (the last exam before defending!!) on Feb 14th and I had my first midterm of the quarter. Besides memorizing everything about DNA, RNA, RNAi, miRNA, siRNA, shRNA, mRNA, tRNA (gosh this list keeps getting longer); Ektor and I had a fantastic weekend.
Here's some pics taken with Ektor's new camera...such a awesome quality in the Canon cameras, definitely my next purchase.
Artistic shot of our starbucks cups: Ive managed to accumulate too many of these as a student, just look at the backseat of my car. Also notice the H in Ektor.
Before starting out a Saturday full of nonstop studying:
Starbucks, that pile of flashcards is only half of the real pile:
Lucifer:
Panera, where I hijack free wi-fi which is useful when trying to understand what the heck my crazy professors are talking about. Their bread bowls are also soo very yummy.
Studying everywhere I go, its a sad life. But hey, I bet I can draw a Hoogsteen base pair faster than you!
Suffering from post midterm blues today. Its kinda like when you buy a car, you are so excited when you are actually doing it but after you have a feeling of horrible dread set in as you live up to your responsibilities. That's me right now, wondering how understanding a reverse wobble base will ever really be important in my research mixed in with a feeling of pure joy in just the fact that its over. But oh well, at least those professors have a 2 hour exam full of only essay questions to grade. serves them right! I don't aim to be a Nobel Prize laureate, just 1 point above the mean is jiffy with me.
4 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment