On Saturday I ran my first 5K!
I have not been training for this event but I have been working out more, so I signed up so that way this could be another work out event for me. I surprised myself by running most of it, albeit walking some, and woke up today feeling sore EVERYWHERE. I love soreness!
Post run sporting our new tshirts that we so proudly earned!The group at lunch. I would like to state that I did not eat any of those fries even after running 3.3 miles:
Getting ready for the race. Here we are at the start line. For some reason I stick my butt out like this in pictures. I think its because Im trying to look skinnier. Must work on that:
Taken with Becky's waterproof camera:
Again, what is up with my butt?!:
After rinsing off:
Before rinsing off. My leg is the super dirty one:
Im going to copy my Mom on this one. I hate this picture because it shows my belly but Im keeping it up here to remind myself that I have to lose 14 more pounds.
You cant spot me in this picture as its just a random shot of some crawling in the mud. That mud was really rocky and cut up my knees:
Mud runners:
Some even do it dressed up like a banana:
The girls, minus Felicia:
Stretching before the race:
My first official racing number. Despite the fact its now covered in mud, I kept it and proudly hung it on my wall:
Thanks to Irvin for taking pics and cheering us on!
4 years ago
2 comments:
Why in the world was there a mud race?!
I think you look gorgeous in every picture! You know I love it when you wear your hair that way :-) This looks like such a fun event! I remember how good I felt the first time I did a 5K (and I walked most of the way--you're much better than I), minus the mud! Keep up this kind of fun stuff--you'll find you really like being around fit people and will strive to do more.
Post a Comment