May 18, 2009

Cat Heaven

Posted by Heather

This weekend, Ektor and I decided to be ambitious and screen in the patio. We did this for multiple reasons. One is so that we dont have to worry about just about anybody coming up on to the patio. Two is that I really like those chairs and hey, chairs are expensive. I dont like the idea of someone else liking and taking them for themselves. And three, and probably the biggest reason, we can let the cats go outside to lounge in fresh air and sunshine. Here are some pics of our new "backyard".


View from the side:
And facing the other way now:


From outside:

My new garden. Here I am growing jalapeno and cayenne peppers as well as cherry tomatoes:

Tri-colored sage, rosemary, and dill. Im hoping to use the dill to try out my first time making tzatziki like good Greek wives do:
:)


Sweet basil and cilantro:


Okra (a first for me) and Greek oregano (also a first for me):


View of the patio from standing inside the house:


We look forward to our summer evenings together.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so envious of your garden! Your patio looks great, too! Are you sure that your screening is tall enough, though? By the picture, it looks like a cat could jump over it.

You place looks fantastic!

Love, Mom

Heather said...

A cat could easily jump on to it, but not over it. They cant clear something like that. If there was some small shelf, then I would be in trouble. However our design isnt perfect. Yesterday Orea got out through the bottom and I had to chase her around the building for a half hour before she finally ran back inside. I was so mad at her! So they can only go outside when Im out there and can monitor them closely with a squirt gun :)

Anonymous said...

Didn't you say Uncle Mike will be visiting soon? Maybe he can help you to get that perfect so that you won't have to worry at all.