February 16, 2009

Aerotas, Foster #23

Posted by Heather

Aeros means "cupid" in Greek which is perfect for this little guy who was rescued in the nick of time on Valentines day. He was quite sick so Ektor and I spent the weekend nursing him back to health. Just a few days ago he couldnt breathe through his noes or open his eyes because they were so swollen from a bad cold. He was flea, mite, and worm infested, refused to eat, couldnt breathe, he was a mess. Just look at him today! I am giving him pedialyte and a mixture of prescription food/baby food every 10 minutes (I had to syringe feed him, he wouldnt take it on his own) as well as 250mg of lysine (helps herpes virus stop replicating) and 2 different antibiotics (to help with additional bacterial infections beside the virus). He was severely dehydrated which is very dangerous in a kitten, but just look at him now. That is what staying up all night with a sick kitten in your arms does. So introducing my 23rd foster Aeros... however I have started calling him Si after the Siamese from Lady And The Tramp (and since he originates from Siam aka Thailand)

Isnt he beautiful????






4 comments:

Ektor said...

wow...look at his clear eyes. Amazing! He looks so healthy. This kitten was seriously owed by God (greek expression). He pulled through a really tough time. Good for you Eros (Si).

mel said...

What a cutie! Good job, Heather and Ektor... you guys will make great parents one day. :P

"We are Siamese, if you please.
Ba dum dum dum
We are Siamese, if you don't please."

Anonymous said...

This little one will be adopted quickly. He is gorgeous! You and Ektor worked a miracle.

Love, Mom

Savannah130 said...

I love the kitty so CUTE!!! Good jod you guys nursing it back to health!=]