January 21, 2009

Bring it on 2009

Posted by Heather

Today I was chatting with a friend when I mentioned that in 2 years from now I will be married. She looked at me rather strangely and said, "Heather, in just a little over a year from now you will be married." Whoa, time goes by fast. So that got me thinking, Ektor and I have so many exciting and challenging things to look forward to not only in the next year, but in the next 6 months! It has only been 2009 for 21 days now and yet so many amazing things have already happened! And while I doubt I will find a cure for herpes this year, I thought I would take a moment to announce all the amazing things that are going to be taking place for us in the first half of 2009!

1. Ektor will get an official work visa and deal with the challenges of being a working immigrant
2. I will travel to upstate NY in attempts to wow the herpes community at the annual convention with my lack of data
3. Ektor will become a California resident
4. We will purchase another car
5. Ektor will get a driver's license
6. I will foster around a dozen kittens, not all at the same time of course
7. We will move further south
8. Ektor will finish his PhD and defend it orally, no easy task I would like to point out
9. Ektor will become a postdoctorate and enter into the life of being someone's bitch
10. I will make my first scientific poster and present it to my classmates and other colleagues
11. We will consider adopting a new family member of the canine variety
12. We will purchase furniture
13. I will start commuting to work :(
14. I will paint our new apartment in bright and happy colors
15. We will pay off my wedding dress and continue to figure out how to pay off the wedding
16. I will be a first year Greek school graduate
17. We will travel to London and UAE for Christmas 2009
18. Ektor will be awarded a fellowship
19. We will get iPhones
20. I will send out handmade wedding invitations :)

So thats the top 20 exciting things to look forward to! Can you believe all that stuff will happen in the next 6 months (ish..)

Crazy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And what obtainable goals, at that! "Keep your eye on the prize" as my friend, Michelle says. You and Ektor have lots and lots and lots of wonderful things to look forward to! And I'm sharing the happiness with you both :-)

Love, Mom

Savannah130 said...

LIKEY you guys are gettung IPHONES! I wanted one! But the phone I'm looking at right now is the NV2 in black with hopeful unlimited texting!!! What does your wedding dress look like? Have you gotten one? When you do you should post it on here with you in it! And what kind of dog?

Love, Savannah

Heather said...

My dearest Savannah, if I could I would get you an iPhone. How about giving you my iPhone when I am done with it? that wont be soon but that does mean that someday you would get one! what do you think? So I do have wedding dress pictures, I will send them to you privately though because we cant have Ektor catching a peek :) And as far as the dog, I think whatever dog is loving and in need of a home. We dont want a puppy, since they find homes easier than adult dogs, but we will start looking into who that lucky dog will be when time gets closer. Thank you for always being my most avid blog reader, I love your posts!

Savannah130 said...

Thank you! And having your iPhone after you would ROCK!!! Can't wait to see those pics!!