October 21, 2007

As Fall Approaches...

Posted by Heather

Guess its that time of the year again...Fall! Full of pumpkin picking, changing leaves, cold weather, and warm fires. wait, what??!! cold? At least that's how the last 6 years of Fall have been. This weekend the only thing that fit the typical Fall profile was the pumpkin picking, and boy was there lots of that. Took the drive to San Diego to visit with my favorite couple, Dave and Melissa. They were having a pumpkin picking festival in their neighborhood and we decided to check out the festivities.

Here's Mel and I posing by the pumpkins before all the kids got there and crowded the place up:

My favorite couple, and hosts, the Lius:

I would like to emphasize that this skirt and poofy shirt are indeed just that..poofed out. But here's me and the pumpkins:


The pumpkin event was sponsored by Life Is Good as a charity event for children in need. Here's me sporting my Life Is Good tattoo...im bad to the bone:

Saturday night we left the festivities to cheer on Dave at his orchestra concert. Dave plays the viola in this particular concert, although he is thinking of switching groups as this one is not very challenging for him. I was mighty impressed with Dave the doctor, scientist, great husband, gardener, swimmer, and now musician! He truly is multi-talented...go Dave!

Melissa and I found this silly sign outside of where Dave was performing. We have no idea what it means...


Since I can't dance, I decided to show off my yoga skills. "solidify your trunk and extend your branches around you":
Today we decided to go buy some pumpkins after getting in the fall spirit yesterday at the festival. Here's me and my work of art:


Gutting the pumpkin and preparing to eat its seeds. arg!:
I was a little hungry:


Me and my final masterpiece. In case you cant tell, its a cat...with fangs. Scary!

Thanks for the great weekend, Mel! and Happy Halloween to all my readers!

3 comments:

Ektor said...

Great job babe.....very scary too. Your weekend looks like it was great fun. The next one should be good too...xxx

Anonymous said...

First of all, you look great in the photos! Secondly, Dave and Melissa's neighborhood is gorgeous! And thirdly, your pumpkin is just too cute! You know how I love Halloween (because I am always excited for your birthday the following day) and I envy your pumpkin festival!

Savannah130 said...

great job heather that is hte best pumpkin i have ever seen. love, savannah