June 4, 2007

Lombardies and Chess, New York style

Posted by Heather

Sunday enjoyed a day of pizza eating and a Little Italy street fair. Lombardi's Pizzeria is known to be the oldest and "best" pizzeria in all of NY. I have tried to go before, however there is always a line at this place. But since I only have a short time left here, I have made a list of "must do's" and I'm sticking to them. Lucky for us there was only a 5 minute wait!!

The official sign declaring Lombardi's a historical place in NY:


Me outside Lombardi's (I'm so white I reflect off the flash):

Ektor in front of Lombardis, "the best on the planet" (referring to their pizza im assuming):

Yum, a small "white pie" which is a pizza with all the white cheeses and no sauce...sooo good!!!

Typical salmuria at a street fair in Little Italy:

A view down Mulberry Street, the heart of Little Italy:


Ektor decided to join a random game of chess being played in one of multiple parks on a typical sunny NY day:

Ektor's killer move:

Kids playing in the park:

The players:

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know how I love that white pizza! Sadly, when am I going to have that chance again? I had to blow up the picture and just stare...