
I go by Heather Swesey or, more commonly, Heather. Those that know me well refer to me by the later or have come up with their own variations including Hessy, Hes, or Heether. I even have a friend who calls me Heether Beaver.
Believe in something. I am not saying that you must believe in God. But believe in something, be in your dreams or the chair you sit on. When you stop believing you will find that your life doens't have a meaning. Faith keeps the human spirit alive. All those that have accomplished great things owe it to their faith and their belief in their success. Religion. Someone special. When you stop believing you have succumbed to all your ever going to achieve and the meaning of your life dwindles to nothingness.
Dont be afraid to look people in the eyes when you talk. This shows trust and loyalty while at the same time showing sincerity and determination.
Love yourself even when the size 4s are fitting a little tight that day.
The greatest achievement in a lifetime is how one contributes to humanity in the end.
Cherish the world in which you live on. Remember that each day is not a right but a blessing. The earth is a vast, explosive, and ever changing planet and it is miraculous that human kind has been able to survive as the super-species. But that does not mean that it all could not end in the blink of an eye. The greatest achievement on earth is also the most destructive, and that is our species. Learn from our elders and cherish the world and its living. You will only get it once and I would like my children to see the Coral Reef someday.
Forgive and accept. This applies mostly to your loved ones. I have learned that I might be entirely different from those I consider my family, but that I am proud of each and every one of them despite our differences.
All you need is love. The Beatles really nailed in on the head with this one. I have watched kittens that have never had a kind hand to feed them curl up purring and trusting next to one's who resemble their enemies. I have seen dogs kiss the hands of those who are surrendering them to an uncertainty and most likely death. Love can change everything. If we just learned to love more we would find there isnt any more room for hate, only more love. Never let day go by without letting those you love know it.
We all have baggage, the question is "how much baggage can you deal with"?
Respect your traditions, the are the key to your ancestory and passed on for a reason
Never forget your roots. While NYC has changed me, I will never forget the way the desert smells after a summer monsoon or watching the sunset on the horizon without building to block its decent. You can take the girl out of the country but you can never take the country out of the girl.
Do not get an education expecting it to make you a millionare. Bill Gates or not, we all put are pants on the same way.
Appreciate your body, dont take advantage of it. Its the only one you will ever have.
Always protect your photographs, they can never be replaced.
Kiss people on the cheek when you greet them, the world needs more compassion afterall.
There is no such thing as a person making too little of a change. It all starts with one.
4 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment