October 23, 2006

My Walk Home

Posted by Heather


Last night I let the wind blow through my hair
it traced its way down my neck with its fingertips
and wrapped itself around my back and my chest
Hugging me and holding me tight

I looked up at the sky and watched the rain drops start to decend
I let them fall on my eyelashes and drip down my cheeks
They ran down to my lips and I kissed them
they were so sweet, so soft, and so innocent

I chased leaves as we danced with the fall breeze
Trying to count the different colors, running to keep up
And as I stopped to recatch my breath I thought
How could anything at this moment be that bad?

"If I die, I will not leave, but I will be everywhere" - Kevin "KJ" Swesey

Busy night streets full of people, and I see you walking
Crowded trains and I see you standing there
Walking home I hear you singing Led Zeppelin in my headphones
Running down my block, im racing you to the end
Fall breezes, winter chills, spring blossoms, summer heat
Maybe heaven isnt so far away
Because you are always right here with me

Last night I found my brother
We laughed and played like we used to
and right before he left and I turned to go inside he whispered
"Come out and play again tomorrow Heather,
right after the sun goes down, I'll wait for you on your front steps.
I'll walk with you on your way home from work
We can ride the subway together
We'll stroll along the streets of Queens
I'll tell you the hints to all your GRE words
And right before you fall asleep I will sing you a lullaby"

I think I found you KJ
I dont think you ever left
And now you've shown me
how beautiful life can be.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some times i can feal KMS at C-TEC and in my personal life! I miss him like crazy